Plastic Encapsulated Hucktainers
The growing trend towards light-weighting, the increased use of composite panel and also technological improvements in the commercial vehicle market has seen innovation in design. With this in mind Star Fasteners have brought to the market a coloured encapsulated Hucktainer®.
Six unique advantages of Hucktainers’ colour encapsulated head.
- Colour matched to any colour of your choice
- Low minimum order quantity and fast turnaround.
- Plastic encapsulated, UV resistant head reduces corrosion.
- Helps to prevent weather ingress.
- Increased head diameter spreads the load; helps eliminate panel crushing.
- Neat appearance gives a professional finish and blends seamlessly with the livery colour.
The Hucktainer fastener consistently provides proven joint strength, vibration resistance and overall durability. It has been uniquely engineered for use in structures fabricated from fibreglass reinforced plywood, metal-clad polymer core panels and other reinforced panel structures. Because Hucktainer has been designed to distribute force over a wide area, it will not crush, craze or bull-nose composite panels.
Can the Hucktainer be used in light weight panel?
Used in conjunction Star Fasteners specifically designed restrictor shim, the fastener can be installed into lightweight composite materials (sandwich panel) without damaging the surface material.
Maintenance free fasteners
In addition to high strength and vibration-resistance, Huck® fasteners are maintenance free. There is no re-torqueing or retightening needed as with traditional nuts and bolts. This establishes Hucktainer as a superior value fastener; its lower maintenance requirements are reflected in negligible associated on-costs. Huck fasteners deliver a better life cycle value through reduced warranty claims and longer life.
Simple fastener installation
Hucktainer’s fool-proof installation ensures that fasteners are installed in seconds. The two-piece Hucktainer fastener has been proven to be reliable and vibration resistant in many applications and are also used in the assembly of side panels and bulkheads.
8 reasons to specify the Hucktainer Fastener into your next project
- Fast, quiet, fool proof installation
- Installs with consistent pressure, reducing crushing or crazing
- Spiral lock system, breakaway pintail, and smooth bore sleeve
- Exclusively from Star Fasteners; improved zinc nickel J63 plating resists corrosion (offers 720 hours without ferrous corrosion)
- Integral seal keeps contaminants from invading joint / weather-resistant
- Eliminates the requirement of torque settings
- Shorter grips available for today’s thin metal-clad panels